After the capital tour, it started raining. I also learned that my iPhone’s battery doesn’t last a whole day, especially as I was using it a lot as a GPS. I headed into Chinatown to get some dinner, since I was getting really good at riding the Metro. The Chinatown there was pretty underwhelming for such a large city. I was there probably 5 years ago and I remembered it being a lot bigger. Just as an example of how far DC’s Chinatown had fallen… I asked someone in a restaurant if there were any Chinese bakeries in the area, and he said “no.” No Chinatown is complete with a Chinese bakery!
I found a place that made home made noodles, and ordered a beef noodle soup that my parents remember fondly from their childhood. It was very good, fresh noodles, great soup… Made my day!
Then I headed to the Brewers-Nationals game. Game was at 7:05. So I figured I start going there around 6. The metro ride only took like 15 minutes, and I arrived at 6:15. Just in time to see that the field was covered and we were under a rain delay. (Why can’t all stadiums have retractable roofs like Miller Park?) Since I had already eaten dinner, I wasn’t sure what to do with the extra time… I got myself a $7 beer and set off to find a plug for my iPhone. I plugged in, but got bored really quick just sitting there watching my phone charge. I called my parents (I can always count on mom for a long conversation!) . Good thing the phone charges faster than it uses power while making a call.
After an hour and a half, they pulled the tarp and the game started! I had great seats down the right field line, maybe 10 rows from the front. A few foul balls came whizzing by, and I wish I had brought my glove. The Brewers ended up winning, and I was no longer winless on my personal road trip!
my favorite part of this post was your statement that your mom is always good for a long conversation. ha!
ReplyDeletethat beef noodle soup looks very yumm... agree chinatown is so small in DC although i did find a SMALL bakery there after walking up and down all the streets.
ReplyDelete