So first I went on the lookout for pierogies, a Polish dumpling (I think every culture has its version of dumplings). I figure if they're good enough for oversized mascot versions to race at a Pirates game, they're good enough to eat. I found Pierogies Plus on roadfood.com, so I went for a try. It was a bit out of the way, and it definitely was the epitome of "hole in the wall." I ordered a combo of stuffed cabbage, pierogies, and something else that had noodles and sauerkraut.
OK... as mentioned by Karen, Shannon, and Kenny, I had to try a Primanti Brothers sandwich. I went to the original Primanti Brothers before the Pirates/Brewers game and this is what it looked like:
As you can see on the right, there was a cameraman there filming. He said he was filming for Voice of America... Funny I thought Voice of America was a place where Target, Michaels, Chipotle, etc. was (for those non-Ohioans, there's a Voice of America park in northern Cincy... I should look up why it's called that). You can also see Primanti Brothers featured on Man vs. Food here.
And that's just Pittsburgh. :)
VOA 's transmitter facility adjacent to the VOA shopping center. When it was decommisioned 15 years ago, there was a park across the street where Home Depot, Fridays and all the business are now. West Chester township was able to convert the VOA land to the new park and where VOA center is now. I played softball on the fields that are now Home Depot/ Fridays back when I was a teenager almost 20 years ago.
ReplyDeleteyou listened to my suggestion! wahoo!
ReplyDeletedid you go up the hill on the sky car thingy?
ReplyDeleteDale,
ReplyDeleteYou sure post a lot pictures about food. Drive safely.
Love,
Mom
Thanks Shannon for that explanation.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mom.
Karen, I did go up on that thingy. Will hafta post that next...
Thanks for the updates! Keep 'em coming. By the way, we took sweet revenge tonight on some poor unassuming team. Up by 10 after top of 4 and mercied them in the 5th. Sean pitched the last two innings of relief for fun. Lori went 3 for 3. Eric and I went 4 for 4. Brandon G and I had 4 RBIs. It was a good night. :-)
ReplyDelete