Friday, August 14, 2009

Jet Blue, Jehovah's witness, and I leave Tuesday!

Apparently there 's a JetBlue "all-you-can-fly" promotion out there, where for $599 you can fly JetBlue unlimited from 9/8-10/8. That sounds like something that would be perfect timing to someone like me... I'm trying to figure out if that would work, because JetBlue's closest airport is in Chicago and their hubs are in JFK and Long Beach, CA. Winston suggested I should take a flying road trip.

Today two Caucasian Jehovah's witnesses showed up at my door speaking Chinese to me. I guess this is what you get when you stay at home! I admire their effort, but they really missed the boat on my demographic!

I leave Tuesday for my road trip... I've booked my hotels in Pittsburgh and Washington, DC. I used the strategy of staying out in the 'burbs and commuting in. I was able to get hotels in the $60's in the suburbs (Candlewood Suites and Hilton Garden Inn), and I know DC has a great train system. Thanks to my Aunt Nancy for giving me the tip about cheaper hotels on the weekends!

I'm not sure Williamsport will work now that I'm doing DC on the weekend... but it was worth a shot!

2 comments:

  1. Aren't you Chinese-American? how is speaking Chinese to you missing your demographic boat? I thought speaking either Chinese or English would be hitting it! Wouldn't missing it be speaking Korean or Portuguese or Romanian or any language other than English and Chinese?

    Have fun on your trip and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They missed the boat because I spoke English a lot better than the spoke Chinese and I wasn't interested in what they were selling.

    ReplyDelete